So here are my initial thoughts on the Razr:
What I like:
- First off, it was $60 cheaper and I am going to be mailed a whole bunch of goodies like a docking station, an HDMI Cable and portable charger.
- It is thin, light and feels nice in my hand.
- Phone reception is great. I have been making test calls from the "problem" areas of my house and it has been solid thus far.
- Includes Swype. I haven't used Sywpe in a while but I used to like using it on my Droid. I like how the Microphone button is there in case you want to do voice to text.
- Battery life, don't know yet, I need to charge the phone a few times to know for sure.
- The 4G speeds are good and I haven't had signal problems or dropouts.
- Gorilla glass, it is soooo smooth, I really like it.
What I dont like:
- Crapware. Wow, Verizon/Motorola, you have really out done your self here. I have never seen so many unwanted applications on a device before. It reminded me of PC's from 10 years ago, where the manufacturere cut deals with all these crappy software companies and pre-installed their software on the computer. Only with this phone, you CAN'T uninstall them. Now I know why people Root their phones.
- The resolution is definitely not as good. I guess I knew that based on the specs, but it is more noticeable than I thought.
- Kevlar back, probably a gimmick. I dont know how much its going to protect anything, but it does look cool.
- Power button. It is so flimsy, I feel like its going break off in a month. It's bizarre to me, the rest of the phone seems really well made, and then this power buton is a complete piece of junk that wobbles side to side, its really dissapointing.
I will be sure to add more thoughts and opinions on this phone as the week goes on. Please follow me on Twitter at @pettabytes