Problem: When opening an attachment from an email in Outlook.
Error: Can't create file: example.pdf. Right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder".
1. Open REGEDIT.EXE and go to Edit > Find... In the Find dialog box type "OutlookSecureTempFolder" without the quotes and locate that registry key.
2. That key will contain the actual folder location, and will look like:
C:\Documents and Settings\%USER_NAME%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK#\ (where # is a random letter or number)
3. Copy the location of that folder.
4. Click on Start > Run and paste the folder location from step #4 then click OK.
5. Windows Explorer will open that folder. Please, delete all files present. (Quick note: I have found that what is actually happening is that the file you are trying to open is erroring out because 100 files with the same name are already located in this folder exist. Just deleting the files with the same name of the file you are opening will resolve the issue, or you can just erase the entire contents, either will work)
6. Restart Microsoft Outlook and you should be able to open your attachments.